The Faculty of Pharmacy started in the year 2001 with B.Pharm. programme having an intake of 60 students. The G.B.Technical University (formerly U.P.Technical University.), Lucknow selected the institute as the lone study centre for M.Pharm. (Pharm. Chem.) in the year 2004, which was approved by the AICTE in 2007. The intake in B. Pharm. programme was increased to 90 students in 2007. B.Pharm. course is duly approved by AICTE and PCI, and was accredited by NBA for 5 years from the year 2007. In the year of 2012, M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology were approved by AICTE with an intake of 18 students in each. The Faculty of Pharmacy is known for the quality of education and research, discipline and high moral values and ethics, all with a personal touch.
The Faculty of Pharmacy has many firsts to its credit in the state of U.P. and the pioneering accomplishments include:
1. The first and the only institute in northern region to secure B.Pharm. Accreditation for 5 years by NBA, in 2007.
2. The first institute to start M.Pharm. (Pharm. Chem.) in the state of U.P., in 2004.
3. The first institute to co-organize a U.P. state level seminar in Pharmacy in the year 2002.
4. The first and the only institute having constituted separate students’ and teachers’ welfare funds.
5. One of the very few institutes to have received letter of appreciation from U.P. Technical University, Lucknow for one of the best I/U ratio for credible system of assessment.
6. Prof. (Dr.) Shailendra K. Saraf, Director (Pharmacy) is the first pharmaceutical scientist of private sector in U.P. to be invited by the Republic of Sudan to deliver lectures at Biotech Park, Africa City of Technology, Khartoum, Sudan in 2010 and at ICMAT, Suntec Convention Center, Singapore in 2011.